Saturday, January 21, 2012

Simple Black Bean Tacos

The other night my husband was making Chicken Tacos for the family. Since I don't eat meat I decided to come up with my own concoction . So here is a quick yet yummy meal. I had two days of left overs too.

1 yellow,green & red pepper
1 Large Jalepeno
1 Large Onion
1 Can Black Beans
1 tsp cumin, garlic and onion
any kind of tortillas you like

To a sauce pan add beans,garlic,onion & cumin. Also add the Jalepeno slices. Heat through until a little mushy. Set aside
In the oven grease a cookie sheet with a small amount of Olive Oil. Spread the peppers and onions in a layer. Roast on 400 until carmalized.
Heat your tortillas add bean mixture and top with pepper mixture

You could get fancy with this with vegan sour cream, Lettuce, Tomato, Salsa and any other typical taco toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment