Friday, March 18, 2011

Greens and Grits

I am sure many of you find eating Collards for breakfast quite odd. Once you try greens for breakfast I swear you will crave them. I am more of a savory breakfast person anyway. While pancakes and waffles are good, they make me sleepy. So here I am eating Collards with Garlic and Grits with a little Gomasio . So here is my simple and healthy breakfast recipe.

Collards- What your gonna need......

1 Bunch with Vein taken out, chopped and washed ( drain but make sure you leave the leaves a little moist)
2 Large cloves of Garlic ( minced)
1 tsp Olive Oil
Splash of Balsamic

What you gonna do......

Saute Garlic and oil until fragrant
Add Collards and Cover
2 Min later add Vinegar, stir
your done

Grits- What your gonna need.......

1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup Bobs Red Mill Grits
Sprinkle Gomasio or just use salt

What your gonna do......
Cook all this according to the cereal directions on side of bag


This great breakfast will give me energy to go to the gym and clean my yard from winter.
SPRING IS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment