Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Coconut Rice Recipe

This is a Vegan recipe. Not so low in fat or calories but if your having company, its great.

I made this last night it came out awesome.

1 Cup Arborio Rice
2 TBS Earth Balance ( vegan "butter")
2 TBS Olive OIl
1/2 Cup Chopped Shallots
1 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1 1/2 Cup Vegetable Stock

3 cups total liquid to be added in 1 cup at a time

Toasted Coconut( you can do this in a dry skillet but be careful not to burn) & Toasted Sliced Almonds( brown in skillet) - probably 1/4 cup each

Saute Shallots in Earth balance & Oil for 3 min, Add Rice( uncooked) , cook stirring for 2 min, Add 1 Cup broth, cook until water absorbed, add 1 cup Coconut Milk, cook until water absorbed, add 1/2 cup remaining coconut milk and broth, cook until absorbed

now that rice is done add 1/4 cup mixture of Toasted Coconut and Almond to rice and mix in

The rest of mixture add on top

Thats it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I Found your blog on your website, and I just wanted to let you know that the contact form didn't work when I tried to submit to it, and there's no other contact info.
    I tried submitting a few times and it said error on the bottom. Please write to me at: naturalbeautychic@ymail.com

    Thanks so much, can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete